Safety Officers and HSE Coordinators together with Supervisors and Management play a key role in creating and promoting a safe work culture in the workplace. Having an effective safety training program gives Safety Officers and HSE Coordinators with the knowledge and leadership skills necessary to manage Safety as part of their responsibilities and influence culture change.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities for health and Safety for a legislative and a company point of view.
- Assess and control risks and hazards in their workplace.
- Be able to investigate incidents.
- Participate in safety inspections, safety meetings and encourage employee involvement.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Safety Representative
- Empowers a Safety Officer and Coordinator to measure their own performance.
- Promote safety culture within an organisation.
- Promote continuous improvement of the companies HSE program.
- Introduction to course promotion of safety, health & welfare in the workplace.
- The role and rights of the Safety Officer.
- Safety Representative and Safety Consultation.
- Safety Committees.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
- Case Study.
- Health and Safety Legislation.
- Role of the Health & Safety Authority
- Introduction to ISO 45001.
- Uses of checklists for H&S audits/inspections.
- Safety Statement.
- Manual Handling/Ergonomics
- Display Screen Equipment
- Practical exercise.
- Fire Hazards and Prevention.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Accident Causation, Investigation & Reporting.