The Safety Management System Auditing Course is a 2-day course focuses on the techniques required during the different phases of a safety audit: planning , conducting effective safety audits, how to communicate audit results and follow up on recommendations made in an audit report.
Upon completion, participants will be able
- Identify both individual and organizational benefits of safety management audits.
- Differentiate between a safety audit and a safety inspection.
- Recognize the phases of safety audits: preparing, conducting, and follow up.
- Identify how the 10 steps of a safety audit are organized.
- Assess your organization’s safety audit efforts.
- Recognize key tasks required for planning an effective safety audit.
- Create an audit checklist based on a short case scenario.
- Identify communication and follow-up actions to take after completing an audit.