This two-day course focuses on the recognition of a hazardous emergency, personnel safety, limitations of no hazmat personnel, hazard assessment,the notification of the emergency response team,the use of safe, practical and defensive actions, all of which are critical components required when dealing with a hazardous situation. These skills are paramount for any person who will be operating in and around hazardous materials.
- Recognize and correctly use key terms and concepts related to hazardous material terminology.
- Identify various types of hazardous materials.
- Understand material handling techniques.
- Understand how, when and why to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Identify how to minimize risks from hazards.