Explosive Atmospheres - ATEX
Alcam Group have over 20 years experience in providing ATEX consultancy and Training services accross all sectors that would have flammable material (Vapours,Mists or Dusts), both in Europe and the Middle East.
All our Consultants and Trainers are qualified to the highest industry standard of Ex14: Responsible Person through CompEx, UK and have been involved in providing services from forecourts to large industrial oil,gas and chemical facilities.
If your company operates a plant where there is potential for an explosion, your company has an obligation to hold certification of compliance with the ATEX directives for your equipment.
The safety requirements needed depend on your individual processes, procedures, materials and products.
Part 8 and Schedule 10 to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 relate to explosive atmospheres at places of work and set out various requirements including:
- Assessment of explosion risk
- Classification of places where explosive atmospheres could occur
- Prevention against explosions
- Safety of plant, equipment and protective systems
- Training and instructions
- Permits to work
- Protection of employees from explosion
- Co-ordination at workplaces
The regulations apply to all work equipment and protective systems which are made available at the work place and must comply with these regulations and ATEX product regulations 2014/34/EU, which is now transposed into Irish legislation S.I. No 230 of 2017, equipment & protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres regulations 2017.
If you have a requirement for a small,medium or large ATEX Risk Assessment cumulating in an Explosion Protection Document (EPD),training for your team in ATEX awareness or a CompEx qualification in Unit F,Units 1 to 14,please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the ''Contact Us'' page.
Current Active ATEX projects in 2019-2021:
- EDPAC International Ltd Air handling unit for BASF Ireland Ltd,Little Island, Co. Cork :ATEX Risk Assessment and development of an EPD.
- BIM Ice Plant,Rossaveel,Co.Galway:ATEX Risk Assessment and development of an EPD.
- Ingersoll Rand Thermoking:ATEX Risk Assessment and development of an EPD.
- Ma'aden Aluminium Mining Company, Ras Al Khair .Saudi Arabia. Atex Risk Assessment of the refinery, smelter and rolling mill and development of documentation
- South Link Service Station,CorkCity:ATEX Risk Assessment and development of an EPD.
- Ferrero Ireland Ltd,Kinsale Road - Cork:ATEX Risk Assessment and development of an EPD.
- University College Cork:ATEX Risk Assessment,design and development of an EPD for their Plastination Laboratory.
- Tasnee MPC (Plastic Manufacturing),Jubail,saudiArabia:ATEX Risk Assessment and development of documentation.
- Marafiq Utility Company,Yanbu,SaudiArabia:ATEX Risk Assessment and redesign of 9 Gas Turbines in conjunction with GE.
- The new UCC Dental School and Hospital (Build start 2021): Storage and Use of Flammable chemicals including IPA ,Natural Gas