The aim of the 2-day training course in the principles of safety management is to enable participants students to learn how to lead Safety in their organization, and energise teams to become involved in Safety and health efforts. At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the historical perspective of safety management.
- Identify the fundamental principles of safety management.
- Determine the role of a safety and health professional and define line management’s safety and health responsibilities.
- Recognize the dynamics of organizational safety culture using ”The Bradley Curve”.
- Recognize strategies and steps to create organizational and individual change.
- Enhance your interviewing, consulting and influencing skills to enlist support from key people in your organization.
- Use measurement tools to track the progress of your organization’s safety management system.
- Identify the steps for preparing a successful safety management audit.
- Establish a business case for a safety management system.
- Use problem-solving and decision-making skills to resolve the organization’s safety and health issues.