To provide participants with an overview of Health and safety legislation with particular emphasis on Health and Safety issues in the office and the employees and employer’s obligations.
To enable participants to identify hazards and conduct risk assessments in an office environment.
On completion of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 in relation to the office environment
- Understand the requirements for a safe VDU work station
- Identify Health and Safety hazards in offices
- Understand the content of the Company’s Safety statement
- Use their knowledge of hazards to make the working environment safer
- Role of the Health and Safety Authority (HSA)
- Occupational Health & Safety definitions
- Safety culture
- Overview of Health & Safety legislation
-employer’s duties and
-accident reporting requirements
-Where to access H&S legislation
- Introduction to the Safety Statement
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment and corresponding corrective action procedures.
- Visual display screen regulations 1993
- Regulations, physical environment/welfare facilities
- Bullying in the work place
- Role of safety representative/safety officer
- Role of the Employee Safety Representative
- Portable Electrical equipment
- First aid requirements
- Accident investigation/practical exercise recommendations to avoid reoccurrence
Who Should Attend?
Office Personnel, Managers and Supervisors responsible for office safety
Please contact us for a price for group training in your company