Supervisors play a key role in creating and promotinga safe work culture in the workplace. Having an effective safety training program gives supervisors with the knowledge, and leadership skills necessary to manage Safety as part of their responsibilities and influence culture change.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities for health and Safety.
- Assess and control risks and hazards in their workplace.
- Be able to investigate incidents.
- Participate in safety inspections, safety meetings and encourage employee involvement.
- Empowers you to measure your own performance.
- Promote safety culture.
- Promote continuous improvement
- Introduction to course promotion of safety, health & welfare in the workplace.
- The role and rights of the Safety Representative.
- Safety Representative and Safety Consultation.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
- Case Study.
- Health and Safety Legislation.
- Introduction to ISO 45001.
- Uses of checklists for H&S audits/inspections.
- Safety Statement.
- Practical exercise.
- Fire Hazards and Prevention.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Accident Causation, Investigation & Reporting.