ISO 14001 was first published in 1996 and specifies the actual requirements for an environmental management system. It applies to those environmental aspects which the organization has control and over which it can be expected to have an influence. This interactive and practical foundation course is designed to provide delegates with a brief introduction to the context, background and requirements of ISO 14001, in order to:
- Understand the business benefits of an Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Begin implementing a management system based on ISO 14001.
- Consider how ISO 14001 can be integrated into existing management systems.
This 1 day course gives an overview of the EMS Standard ISO 14001 and the relevance of it to a business management system.
- The Environmental Backdrop to, and Drivers for, an EMS.
- Exploration/Discussion of participant’s own organizational position.
- Overview of Standards, their raison d’être and the complementary ISO 14000 Series Guidance Standards.
- Identification and Management of Environmental Risks.
- Requirements of ISO14001 and their relationship to the Backdrop.
- Outline implementation project issues.