The 3 day training course provides participants with the fundamentals of occupational health and Safety and the skills needed to implement a safety management system in your organization.
Participants will gain new knowledge and insights by:
- Understanding the basic Health and Safety terminology.
- Getting a balanced perspective of the full scope of Occupational Health and Safety issues.
- Understanding the concept of hazard identification and risk evaluation and control.
- Components of the communication process and how to improve the effectiveness of safety messages.
- Learning to organize and communicate an effective safety program.
- Learning ways to take actions to investigate incidents and prevent a recurrence.
- Learning the concept of carrying out safety inspections.
- Leading a successful safety team and facilitating productive safety meetings.
- Involving employees in safety processes such as safety inspections, safety committees, and employee orientations.
- Understand the principles of industrial hygiene and HazCom standards.
- Determine when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used and ways to increase employee acceptance of PPE.
- Participating in development of an emergency action plan.
- Use a safety orientation program to improve employee performance and reduce incidents and costs.
- Developing a site-specific safety plan to gain management’s support for it.