This qualification meets industry’s need for a high-level practical training programme with external accreditation.
The training programme is delivered over at least 36 hours of teaching time, typically over five or more days.
To achieve the award you must undertake a controlled assignment based on your chosen workplace and take a written examination.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- guide and advise on the management of food safety in a manufacturing business.
- contribute to the management of food safety in a manufacturing business.
- identify further technical knowledge necessary in food safety management procedures.
- determine further training requirements.
- identify areas for legal compliance.
- determine good practice.
- design an improvement plan.
- outline a HACCP-type plan.
- promote and encourage good standards of food safety.
- liaise with enforcement officers.
- deliver level 1 and 2 food safety training (with appropriate training skills).
The programme is ideal for:
- owners or managers of manufacturing businesses.
- supervisors with level 3 food safety knowledge.
- those who monitor and audit food safety systems.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and industry guidance.
- Food safety hazards.
- Allocation of responsibilities.
- Managing the operational requirements of a safe food business.
- Cleaning and disinfection regimes.
- Supplier quality and safety controls.
- Pest controls.
- Establish food safety management.
- Monitoring the implementation of food safety management procedures.
- Maintaining food safety management.
- Communication, sources of information and training.