Major Emergency Management (MEM) 3-day course involves both classroom planning and practical exercises designed to provide more practice related to critical skills required in an emergency situation. Students are monitored and assessed both individually and in group scenarios to determine competency with incident command and control, leadership qualities, and the ability to react appropriately to emergency situations.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between normal and major emergency management.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an Emergency Response Team.
- Understand the principles of Command, Control and Communication.
- Recognize the effect of stress in situations.
- Recognize the need for a properly-equipped and ergonomically-designed Emergency Response Centre.
- Recognize the necessity of a properly prepared Emergency Response Plan,
- Be familiar with the Elements and Performance Criteria used for the Competency Assessment of an OIM,
- Recognize the value and purpose of emergency pre-planning, which will facilitate their decision-making processes,
The following individuals will benefit from this program:
- Members of Emergency Response Teams.
- Staff with responsibilities for advising or forming part of the Emergency Response Team.
- Managers or supervisors who will lead or supervise the emergency response teams.
- Personnel who wish to learn more about major emergency management.
- Applicable to both onshore and offshore personnel.