This 1 day course will provide a background to the importance of laboratory safety and give reasons why it should always be at the forefront of both Laboratory staff and management.
Key potential hazards will be identified and the risks associated with them assessed. Guidelines and suggestions on the control of hazards will be provided.
Who is the course aimed at..
Laboratory Managers, Supervisors, and all laboratory staff.
- Training Objectives.
- Introduction to Laboratory Safety.
- Chemical Hazards in the Laboratory.
- Health Hazards.
- Chemical Routes of Entry.
- Physical Hazards of Chemicals.
- Hazard Communication and SDS Information.
- Labelling Hazard Rating Systems.
- Protecting Against Hazards.
- Protective Clothing and Equipment.
- Specific Laboratory Hazards.
- Chemical Storage/Waste.
- General Lab Housekeeping Procedures.
- Chemical Spills.
- Emergency Procedures.