This 5 day course will equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 ,providing environmental practitioners and systems auditors with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit an EMS.
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, workshops, photo site tour, case studies and simulated audits, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Apply the requirements and principles of ISO 14001 to the specific processes and needs of your company as well as those of your suppliers.
- Assess compliance of an organization to meet your company’s own internal or external (eg. Certification Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to your organization and which supports your environmental policy.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing, document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate improvements to the EMS.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an Lead Auditor.
- The course may be taken as a stand-alone course or you may seek registration as an Associate Environmental Auditor with IEMA the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.Certification Fees are an extra €30.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, including assessment of environmental aspects and impacts, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results back to Senior Management.