Construction Safety Management
The Alcam Group have over 21years experience in construction training and site safety management of green field and brown field sites from large to medium sized construction projects. We have developed a core competency in fulfilling the roles of PSDP and PSCS both Nationally and Internationally. Our clients include some of the most prominent companies in Ireland, Europe, the Middle east and Asia. In addition to site safety management, we provide specific Health and Safety Construction Courses.
We have a core staff to ensure there is always a continuity and understanding when dealing with our clients. We also have a panel of associates in specialist areas that are called upon when the need arises.
Our service include providing the following …
The key role is to ensure co-ordination of the work of all designers and the co-ordination between all the major stakeholders in the project throughout the project and the detailed roles are as follows....
- Identify hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project.
- Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce the risk.
- Communicate necessary control measure, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS so they can be dealt with in the Safety and Health Plan.
- Ensure that the work of designers is coordinated to ensure safety.
- Organise co-operation between designers.
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a Particular Risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender.
- Prepare a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client.
- Notify the Authority and client of non-compliance with any written directions issued. The PSDP may issue directions to designers or contractors or others.
We envisage this role to be both off site at the initial design stage but also to include site visits once the construction phase commences in order to, audit design risk assessments, help conduct on-site risk assessments due to design changes and to be part of the general site safety management system with a key responsibility to communicate all design risk assessments as they arise to the PSCS, Contractor and the Client.
The key role of the PSCS is to coordinate the activities of all contractors on site in order that they conduct themselves in a safe manner.
and the detailed duties are as follows....
- Coordinate the general principles of prevention for all activities on site
- Implementation of all relevant health and safety legislation on site
- Reporting of injuries to the HSA. > 3days
- Restriction of unauthorised entry on site.
- Ensure all personnel have their relevant Safe Pass/CSCS documentation.
- Ensure that adequate Site Welfare is implemented on site.
- Appoint a safety representative.
- Develop a site safety and health plan outlining key site safety rules.
- Organise co-operation between contractors.
- If >100 employees on site appoint a safety advisor.
- May issue directions.
- Provide information for the safety file to the PSDP.
This role will involve a site presence throughout the construction activities on site.
Site Safety Officer
The Site Safety Officer will be the eyes and ears of the PSCS on site. It will be his/her role to implement all of the PSCS obligations on site. But our safety officers with their vast wealth of knowledge and experience on sites will have the role of ultimately ensuring regulations are implemented on site.
A list of their duties will be as follows
- Ensure all contractors work safely in accordance with the site safety plan.
- Provide initial safety induction training for contractors working on site as to the procedures concerning health and safety.
- Advise contractors re observance of safety and health legislation.
- To supervise the observance of legislation and the promotion of the safe conduct of work generally.
- Ensure that contractors supply information on health and safety on the construction site and that such information is comprehensive to the employees concerned.
- Coordinating the interaction of contractor crews.
- Site point of contact for all H.S.A enquires and emergency services.
- Ensuring all contractors implement a safe pass system. All equipment checked and passed as per the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, 2007).
- Investigating and recording accidents.
- Controlling site access of vehicles in conjunction with site security.
- Proof reading of all method statements to ensure compliance to Legislation
If you would like to learn more about how we can assist you in the safe construction of your site, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the ''Contact Us'' page