Online Course | Classroom Course
A one day course that will allow middle management and employees involved in handling chemicals, gain a greater understanding of the hazards and planning required when dealing with chemicals.
Initially a site visit will be required to gain a greater understanding of the companies operations and requirements in relation to chemicals. Once this has been carried out an effective customised training programme can be designed.
- Legal Overview – Employer & Employee duties in current legislation.
- Routes of Entry of Chemicals – how chemicals can adversely affect us depending on route of entry, dose and duration of exposure.
- Classification of Hazardous Substances – site-specific information in relation to particular chemicals can be addressed in this section.
- Identify the importance of handling, storage and transport of chemicals
- Reach legislation
- Use of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Identify warning symbols and read relevant product warning label
- Overview of Safe Systems of Work to include ‘Permit to Work’ & ‘Hot Work’ permits.
- Identify and use different types of available PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Overview of Control Strategies in relation to the Handling of Chemicals
- Chemical Risk assessments
This course is delivered by a safety consultant through our interactive online training facility. This greatly reduces the cost of participation on the course.
On Site course
This course can be delivered on site in the companies premises
Duration: 1 Day