Who the course is aimed at
It is suitable for people with responsibility for reducing the risks from the use of equipment - including line managers, supervisors and safety representatives.
This occupational course will help delegates to understand the requirements of the regulations, and enable employers to meet their statutory obligations with relation to work equipment.
On completion course delegates will understand:
- The hazards and risks arising from the use of work equipment
- The hazards and risks associated with the use of electrical equipment and systems operating at mains voltages
- The measures that should be taken to minimise the risks.
- Information, instruction, and training requirements
- Suitability and use of work equipment
- Maintenance and inspection requirements
- Operation and emergency controls
- Hand held tools-hazards and controls
- Machinery-hazards and controls
- Hazards of electricity
- Control measures for electrical systems and equipment.
Course duration :1 Day