QQI Level 6 People Moving Instructors Course
Who the course is aimed at
This is a QQI Level 6 People Handling instructor course for individuals who wish to deliver people handling courses in the workplace.
Please note that participants must have already completed and passed the QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Training Programme
On successful completion of this course the participant will be able to effectively design and deliver people handling instruction in the workplace.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the people handling risk assessment process
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injury
- Apply the main principles of manual handling to a range of people handling task
- Carry out a range of appropriate people handling techniques to include transferring, supporting, gliding, sliding, rolling, sitting and standing
- Analyse the learner’s performance of people handling techniques
- Develop people handling training programmes, to include lesson plans
- Give effective instruction in practical people handling techniques
- Information on legislation
- People Handling Risk Assessment
- Planning and design of People Handling Training Programmes
- The relevance of ergonomics to patient handling tasks
- Practical people handling techniques
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation/Instructional skills
- Delivery of People Handling Training
Duration: 3 Days
In successful completion of this course learners will receive a QQI Level 6 People Moving Certificate.