The key role of the PSCS is to coordinate the activities of all contractors on site in order that they conduct themselves in a safe manner.
and the detailed duties are as follows....
- Coordinate the general principles of prevention for all activities on site
- Implementation of all relevant health and safety legislation on site
- Reporting of injuries to the HSA. > 3days
- Restriction of unauthorised entry on site.
- Ensure all personnel have their relevant Safe Pass/CSCS documentation.
- Ensure that adequate Site Welfare is implemented on site.
- Appoint a safety representative.
- Develop a site safety and health plan outlining key site safety rules.
- Organise co-operation between contractors.
- If >100 employees on site appoint a safety advisor.
- May issue directions.
- Provide information for the safety file to the PSDP.
This role will involve a site presence throughout the construction activities on site.